St. Patrick's Day Menu
St. Patrick's Day Crafts
Leprechaun Hat for Cookies or Chips
- 1/2 gallon Round ice cream container, clean and dry (you do not need the lid)
- 2 or 3 sheets of Green construction paper
- 1 sheet of Yellow or Gray construction paper
- 1 sheet of Black construction paper
- Double stick tape
- Large circular object (however wide the construction paper is)
- Trace around the large circular object on the green construction paper with the pen.
- Cut out the circle.
- Use the double stick tape to adhere the circle to the bottom of the ice cream container.
- Cut a piece of green construction paper to fit around the container. You may need two pieces of construction paper or be able to piece them together.
- Use the double stick tape to adhere the construction paper around the container.
- Cut a strip about 2" wide out of the black construction paper.
- Cut a 4" square out of the gray or yellow construction paper.
- Cut a rectangle in the middle of the gray construction paper about 1 1/4" x 2". Discard the little piece of construction paper. Hint: Fold the square into fourths and cut a square out of the middle of the folded area. Open up the square.
- Check positioning of the black band by laying it around the hat about an inch above the brim. Cut off any excess construction paper where it meets in the back.
- Lay the gray or yellow (buckle) over the black band as shown in the photograph. Once the layout is satisfactory, tape in place.
- Add green tortilla chips, if available, and get ready for your feast.
Send Flowers & Gift Baskets Online!
Pot of Gold
- Shallow small yogurt cup (we used Dannon Sprinkl'ins)
- Corrugated cardboard
- Gold spray paint
- Black spray paint
- Gold paint pen, optional
- Wash and dry thoroughly the yogurt cup.
- Spray paint the yogurt cup with black paint. Let dry. You may need to spray a few coats to cover.
- Cut circles out of cardboard.
- Spray paint the cardboard circles with gold paint. Let dry.
- Fill your "pot" with "gold". Display on your table as a place setting.
- Use a gold paint pen to write on a name on the pot, if desired.
- Green construction paper
- 2 Green chenille stems
- Heart shapes (tiny cookie cutters, Woodsies, etc.)
- Trace around the heart shapes 4 times lining up the sides of the hearts together to form a ring of hearts. Cut out.
- Repeat above step 3 additional times.
- Make some small snips between the hearts (not all the way through!) to show the petals of the shamrocks.
- Cut 2 strips of green construction paper about 1 1/2 inches wide. Tape one end together and try on child's head. Cut and tape to fit. Remove from child's head.
- Staple one chenille stem to the outside of the green paper ring.
- Staple the other chenille stem to the opposite side of the green paper ring. (Note: You can use wire cutters and cut the stem in half to make shorter wiggling shamrocks if desired.)
- Glue 2 shamrocks to the opposite end of each of the chenille stems. Let dry.
- Place on the child's head and have some fun!
Search the web: